What people said about 21schizoid’s jam Ordinary World

55 Comments (since 6 Aug 2014)

dutchbeeblebrox

Yep, I too am sorry to see @Sylvestrian taking a break (if that's the jammer you're talking about. And as for Duran Duran, well as pop songs go they did turn out some good'uns.

21schizoid

@dutchbeeblebrox Yep Jan, the very person. I agree, those Duran types did do more than the odd decent pop piece... :-)

RossCampbell

Possibly your finest Jam yet sir, and that's from the biggest Spandau fan this side of @scobo2006. The Duran's boys greatest moment and only complimented by the Layer Cake cafe scene, an urn of hot tea poured directly onto the fizzer? Not recommended ;)

21schizoid

@RossCampbell Haha. Cheers Ross. Not a fan of hot tea treatment. Had that before. May drum that tale up at some point...I think this song is an absolute adult pop triumph. Liked a lot of Duranny stuff back in the day, but I too believe this is their finest. Big Spandau-ist myself, actually. Got one of theirs lined up for the future... ;-D

Sylvestrian

Congrats on your jamtenary plus one, a distinguished list indeed! I go on hiatus knowing the likes of you and @dutchbeeblebrox will keep the good tunes coming. "Ordinary World" is a world away from prog but that's just a sign of broadening taste, something that listening to a variety of jams can bestow on the musically open-minded.

heatherrings

I have somehow always been an old romantic and stayed an old romantic when all around me were becoming new romantics. I was never a DD or SB fan. Had to run and change channels or press the Off button if ABC came on the radio. Yippee aye yippee aye NAY! Having said all that - this is a great song. Love the guitarry bits. Well jammed, young man. :-) xx

florencevibert

Wonderful jam! Thanks, Mr. B :-)

21schizoid

@Sylvestrian Cheers Steve. Yep, in my skooldays, nothing other than prog would do (as my vinyl collection would prove!). However, age and other factors do indeed broaden the horizons in lots of ways. We'll keep the wheels turning until your return, sir... :-D

21schizoid

@heatherrings Not liking 3 of my fave wee 80s combos?!? How very dare you madam!! My 7/12" vinyl and LP collection shows a liberal sprinkling of all three, so I guess I'm a fan. The geetar is rather gorgeous in this lil' number, but I just lurve the whole darn thang. Singin' it all of today...keep yer windows closed... ;-D xx

@florencevibert Ta much Madame Florence!! :-D

heatherrings

@21schizoid Ha ha! Oh I do dare. :-) Sing away, sir. We should all sing something everyday. It's good for you. Like a hug. x :-)

scobo2006

Excellent jam Mr B

scobo2006

Excellent song Mr B

@heatherrings No argument there madam... :-D x

kfarrnd

Mr. B, I've jammed these boys a couple times myself to satisfy my 80s nostalgia, as I believe DD is the prototypical band from that fine decade. I agree with you though that this song represents an excellent comeback for these boys. Did your inner Miami Vice come complete with white linen jackets and pastel t-shirts to complement your sockless loafers?

21schizoid

@kfa444 Cheers Kev. Yep, I'm with ya' there on LeBonBon...seemed a bit of a twat. They produced some really decent stuff though and this is for me, a corker. Funnily enough, I had thought of this version https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNbCKtmzTkA (perhaps the one you were thinking of) but the original won... :-D

@scobo2006 Cheers Scotty lad... :-D

21schizoid

@kfarrnd Haha. Was sure I'd removed that photo from the internet, Kev!! For sure the Duransters were the archetypal 80s band and moving to this style, suited them brilliantly. One of THE great pop songs for my money...

pauseliveaction

Your taste is as impeccable as ever, Mr B.

@pauseliveaction Ithangyou madam...*doffs cap*... ;-D

natyblooming

So glad you are sticking around!!! Also glad you are man enough to admit you have an inner Miami Vice in you. Good for you, I am very proud of you :)

21schizoid

@natyblooming Haha. Thank you Ms Natalia! I'm thrilled to have been Sonny Crockett at specific points in my interesting wee life. Now get in the Daytona, we've got work to do... :-D

lynn200

i just love this.....the words just come back...had a sunny day today,if tomorrow *i'm beaching it..... a meaningful piece of music in its time...cheers :)

Axol

I've got a lampshade like that

21schizoid

@lynn200 Cheers Lynn. I've been singing it all bloomin' week since I posted it...love it too. Have a blast at the beach...sounds like funfunfun... :-D

21schizoid

@Axol Haha. Now that's not the sort of comment I attract every time, Ax...but I definitely deserve it... ;-D

ErnieBilko

A genuinely good song...

21schizoid

@ErnieBilko Thanks Bilks. You put in 4 succinct words, what it took me about 400 or so to do! :-D

ErnieBilko

@21schizoid Nah! I prefer your 400! I was thinking about your words on your 100th jam (congrats), Your observations were so right. Some slightly strange behaviour by certain jammers, but never any rude or impolite comments. Must mean something...

DealingKnees

Superb jam.

abrahem41

مقولات المبدع ابراهيم السعدي - يهتم بالبحث العلمي بما يتعلق بالفلسفة والقضايا الفكرية و.. . رؤى معاصرة من المهارات الاخرى ------------------------------------ ------------------------------------ --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

abrahem41

لـ المبدع ابراهيم السعدي الى كل من يعشق العلم والادب والابداع والتامل دعوة عامة للجميــــــــــــــــــــــــع فرصة عملية لتطبيق واكتساب العديد من الخبرات والمهارات الحياتية •● لـ المبدع ابراهيم السعدي - يهتم بالبحث العلمي بما يتعلق بالفلسفة والقضايا الفكرية و.. . رؤى معاصرة من المهارات الاخرى المعني الحقيقي لكلمة ابداع !!

christineb

Love DD, now have a strange craving to listen to all my DD vinyl in my wedding dress...odd, must be the wine. So glad you didn't take an extended leave....I am trying to come up with more witty quips but the wine mixed with hour is playing with my senses.. ta ta for now~

21schizoid

@ErnieBilko Haha. Cheers Bilks. Rather a timely observation, given the comments by dear old abrahem, above, which I can't possibly comment on and who knows, may be incredibly rude!! Must mean something... ;-D

@BearcatFlyswat Cheers Dylan... :-D

21schizoid

@christineb Post that vid, Chrissy!! Hope you don't have 'winehead' in the morning...however, do remember, I AM the Doc...not just of Lurve... ;-D

21schizoid

@abrahem41 Thank you Abrahem. I know of absolutely no method to translate your words, though I definitely understood the exclamation marks!! Perhaps you have a method of translating mine, though some of the terms/words I use, may falter in the translation process. Whatever sir, keep posting and keep enjoying the music...at least we all have that in common... :-D

kompani101

Opulent and wonderful.

ErnieBilko

@21schizoid HAha! It WAS brilliant timing! How does he do that? He hasn't actually LIKED the song so maybe he could possibly be being impolite? Maybe I'm being very rude by talking about him like this? Bless you Abraham, I'm going to LIKE your song right away...

ErnieBilko

AbrahEm, sorry...

21schizoid

@ErnieBilko Timing is all, sir :-D Mr Abe has actually followed me, so I'm going with happy thoughts. In all seriousness, it's quite frustrating, though I hope to provide translation, as soon as I find a way...and I thought I was difficult to understand... ;-D

christineb

@21schizoid pass the tylenol and bloody mary would you Doc~ {groan}

@christineb 2 pills swallowed with the hair of the dog, comin' right up... ;-D

21schizoid

@christineb...or rather, staying right down... :-D

@kompani101 Brilliantly put. I couldn't agree more... :-D

Sid_Bonkers

Sorry I omitted to comment on your centenary jam Pepe, happy 101st though :)

21schizoid

@Sid_Bonkers Apologies not required Siddy fella. So much music to hear and people to follow...it's an impossible task. Happy 101st is perfect! Thank you sir... ;-D

BeeBee

Time to dig out that yellow duster coat and eyeliner!

@BeeBee Ha! Dang...out of eyeliner... ;-D

VickyMB1970

Great jam Sir! Belated congrats on 100+ jams. Keep up the good work and all the wee tales that we all enjoy reading! :-)

21schizoid

@VickyMB1970 Aww thank you Vicksta'. I seldom shut up, so those Jammytales will just have to keep comin'... ;-D

lindatee

I don't know how I come to miss your jam. I've only just found this! I ve never really been a DD or SB fan- the New Romantics were never for me . However although i didn't part with any money buying them, i do enjoy hearing them again. Thanx for the memories : D

21schizoid

@lindatee I'm weeding out the NewRomanticDenialists, Jeanie! I guess for those non-Durannies, at least this toon falls outside the scope of their earlier phase, so liking it remains a viable option... :-D

cosmicdon

Late again to the party but i was otherwise engaged, Great tune,

21schizoid

@cosmicdon Cheers G Man! Nae bother...and welcome home (tho I'm sure you'd rather be back in Korfoo)... ;-D