What people said about BladeRunner’s jam The Trick Is To Keep Breathing

62 Comments (since 24 Oct 2013)

BladeRunner

And this video is a challenge to keep breathing itself, it's so beautiful... Love it!

kemiladashdot

you've inspired me to keep breathing. love the (& slightly disturbed by) the background.

mloup

Much under-rated band

BladeRunner

@kemiladashdot Oh I'm happy then! the proper breathing takes us looong way, haha!! Thanks for the background comment, disturbed it is - I like it!! ;)

BladeRunner

@mloup True!!! Actually in Brazil they were quite sucessfull, so it surprised me how underrated they are in other countries! Saw them in Luxembourg last year, to me it was really a big deal, been a fan since the 1st single!

kingofmen

big garbage fan me ,,,,,,most likley one of my favorita bands out there right now...

BladeRunner

@kingofmen that makes 2 of us, and their last album is soooo beautiful! Still remember how it was listening to Stupid Girl, back in '96, got crazy, had to buy the single...

philipnareike

I'm not a huge fan of theirs but I like that one.

BladeRunner

@philipnareike Glad you liked it, this one is quite unique! and having liked it, I'm pretty sure that there are some othes that you might happen to appreciate as well... I don't know how well you know their work :)

philipnareike

@cjessica I only really know their hits, the well known ones...I may have to get some of their stuff...

BladeRunner

@philipnareike ah! then I think you might be surprised, I'll grab some of their songs that I like... let's see if you change your mind, how about it?!

philipnareike

Ok, by the way..I hope you've got yor Rhubarb cravings under control....Have you seen the Rhubarb Lady...she's quite something... http://youtu.be/HCl9ei8zxo8 ..haha!

BladeRunner

@philipnareike OMG! She's stealing the rhubarb!!!!!

BladeRunner

@philipnareike about the craving, I'm already planning how to use my compote! hahaha! on Garbage matters - there goes one I really like, from their 1st album: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEHhBS0B3R0

kingofmen

@philipnareike shes got a great voice the rhubarb lady ,,,do yo know her govinda,,,is she one of your gardening chums,,,,i would like to meet her ,,she has ''that certain something'' that endears a chap ,,,it could be her turn of phrase or her mastery of the english lingo,,any way send me her number i must have her .....

BladeRunner

@philipnareike @kingofmen Her voice is enough to scare away even a rottweiler!

philipnareike

@kingofmen She has a certain charm...I did know an old man who was her male equivalent...the town nutter...always screaming his head off

kingofmen

@philipnareike @cjessica i found her voice most attractive,,,,let me have her ,,i MUST

kingofmen

@philipnareike THERe was a tramp at waterloo called fuck off,,,,did not matter what you said to him he would yell ''fuck off'' want a cup of tea ol fella ''fuck off'' i admit a certain admiration for fuck off ,,,, did not covet anyones good will or kiss any butt, mad mad fellow though

kingofmen

@philipnareike i think fuck off was in that david attenborough doc,,about ,,as he so eloquently put it '' the brotherhood of the leaky boot'' hahahahahhah what a cracking line

BladeRunner

@philipnareike @kingofmen OMG, you're both making me laugh so much... I knew some crazy rude people, have to run through my memories....

philipnareike

@cjessica Oh.. i like that one too..I do remember it...and it has the Hare krishna guy at the end...Shirley really has got some voice and charisma!

kingofmen

@philipnareike @cjessica there was a tramp in soho ,,who insisted that i called him ''TRAMP'' i was sitting outside the then ''EST '' having a drinky with a lady friend when ''trampy'' came up and offered to sell me a nuclear submarine for £27,000,000 said it was a bargain ,,then went into some huge spiel about why i should buy it ,,or i could give him a pound and he would go away ,,we became quite good friends ,,he was a very funny alcohlic glaswegian octoganarian

BladeRunner

@philipnareike see???!! Toldya - and the hare krishna guy ads the funny bit! I'll search some more - more of B-side tracks! I'm getting credit for you try rhubarb again? Yeah, Shirely Manson is great - it's their id!

philipnareike

@cjessica Yes, I'm beginning to see Garbage in a new light. I'm not kidding I bought a rhubarb crumble cheesecake today...just had a bit..and I quite enjoyed it...I think your helping me overcome my rhubarb trauma

kingofmen

@philipnareike there was a time when she used to make me rhubarb crumble ....i am bereft

BladeRunner

@philipnareike @kingofmen I do have a story, but it would take me forever trying to tell... and I'm not sure I could make it that funny in English... but I tell you , these people have the funniest storys, specially for the way they tell!

BladeRunner

Who @kingofmen ? The crazy rhubarb lady, with that lovely voice? kkk :) it was for you she was stealing it!!!

kingofmen

@cjessica no darling you you ,,,,you would send me all sorts off fruity goodies before philly stole you from me ,,,,,,bereft ,,,bereft i say

BladeRunner

@philipnareike oh, that's good news - so you're going to have it in homeopathic dosages!

philipnareike

@kingofmen 27 million quid... I know someone who was a sub-mariner. I asked him what the longest time he ever spent under the water was..3 months...I don't think I could take that...under the sea in a tin can

kingofmen

@cjessica ,,ill take what ever doses you are offereing baby gurl

BladeRunner

@kingofmen ahhhh well... I know how you like fruit, tropical fruit are quite a delicacy aren't they?! Did you enjoyed?!

kingofmen

@philipnareike no wayski govinda ,,,stuck down there with a bunch of fuckers screaming ''ALARM ALARM '' every 5 minutes ,,,,,no tat ,,,blokes dressed as women after a couple of months might as well stay in wc2

kingofmen

@cjessica ....oh yeah i enjoyed,,,,,i enjoyed for a couple of days ,,,,,,the juices slipped of my chin ,,,,so succulent was the fruit

kingofmen

@cjessica gotta go jess work are onto me ,,,,love to philly

BladeRunner

@kingofmen @philipnareike and that eternal bleep bleep bleep? (if that's true...) and NO SUN - that would drive me insane!

philipnareike

@cjessica I know..it would be awful..claustrophobic..he told me when they arrived at their destination...Florida..it was the height of summer..they were all as pale as Dracula when they came up to all those tanned Floridians!

philipnareike

@cjessica Actually, I think they all looked like Nik Fiend from my current background!! ..lovely!

BladeRunner

@philipnareike I love the sea - but not to be under it - besides a few snorkeling every chance I can, love it. I'm not very claustrophobic, but just to imagine being enclosed, with no chance of getting away when I want seems unbearable

fsohail

@cjessica Not underrated by me. Love Garbage.

Another one - a very favorite: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tLvXKRYsHg

BladeRunner

Same here @fsohail , they are fantastic! Happy you liked it!

lynn200

speaking of Garbage as a new find (cos i live in the sticks) ,enjoyed this track and will look up more, ch

BladeRunner

@lynn200 Glad you liked it! Well, a few comments above there are some othes songs that I like (all on youtube) maybe you'll like it too! =)

BladeRunner

and this one goes specially to the one who's missing fruit... @kingofmen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXe9OhTU-Gk

lynn200

ch..:)

kingofmen

@cjessica your too good to me you saucy latino siren

markhyson

Don't tell anyone... BUT.... I LOVE Shirley Manson! Well, I don't mind if you tell her!

kingofmen

@markhyson ..i just told her ,,she said fair do's pop round anytime and she'll sing ya a few hits,,,i think shirlM knows how to push a chaps go button,,,and were better for it

markhyson

@kingofmen Ha ha! She sure does.

BladeRunner

@kingofmen @markhyson shirley manson #myhero ;)

philipnareike

@cjessica Thanks...I'll enjoy going through your garbage. When I finish I'll let you know what I thought

BladeRunner

i think that you might have some very interesting findings there, @philipnareike hahaha! Please, let me know!!!

Nuno

Uma das minhas favoritas dos Garbage, numa altura em que produziam coisas com qualidade, que depois se deteriorou. Excelente escolha! :)

BladeRunner

Obrigada e que bom que gostas dessa @Nuno ! Verdade, eles deram uma desandada, caíram num popzinho fácil, mas, não sei se já vistes o álbum que lançaram no ano passado - acho que retomaram o antigo espírito. =)

Nuno

@cjessica Tenho de experimentar ouvir esse álbum, ja tinha desistido de os seguir. Obrigado pela dica :)

BladeRunner

@Nuno acredito que vais gostar! As letras deram uma super melhorada ;)

Nuno

@cjessica Espero q a musica tb !

BladeRunner

@Nuno eu sou suspeita pra falar, porque gosto muito, né?! mas, eu mesma me desinteressei nos últimos anos... acabei vendo o show deles quando ainda tava em Lux e gostei muito desse Not your Kind of People

BladeRunner

@philipnareike now it's time to stop rummaging my garbage, ok?! hauhuahauhua