What people said about Gummi’s jam Reach for the Dead

12 Comments (since 9 Jan 2014)

Bukowski

Such a great album.

AlicejustMay

I know what you mean... it has something viscerally elegaic about it; a kind of post-apocalyptic emptiness. Stunning.

Gummi

@AlicejustMay I love walking the streets with this song in my ears.

d0minic

@Gummi i have found a solution to that problem - BOC said in an interview that 'Collapse' is an entry point into the album, with the other tracks fanning out on either side. So I created a playlist on my iPod accordingly and it plays beautifully - 1. Collapse 2. Sick Times 3. Palace Posy, etc so that Reach For The Dead and Come To Dust play next to each other. near the end of the album.

d0minic

@Gummi @AlicejustMay great for playing in the car along the coast road at night

d0minic

@Bukowski My No. 1 album of 2013 and i think as time goes on, more and more music lovers will agree

Gummi

@d0minic A marvelous idea, i might just try that. And yes, this album is a grower

jonnyneale5

@d0minic Interesting - so why did they order the album differently then?!

d0minic

ours not to reason why... @jonnyneale5 in my opinion, the finished track order is designed to play as a soundtrack to a late 1970's early 80's Post Apocalyptic/Social Breakdown/Pandemic Wipeout/Silent Alien Invasion movie that was never made. From 'Gemini' with it's oddly muted movie company logo jingle through to the end credit music of 'Semena Mertvykh' that gives you the impression that whatever hope you were given in the movie has been cruelly denied by the end.

jonnyneale5

@d0minic Great answer. I don't believe I have had a top 10 album list from you. There is still time, and would love to see it, if you have the moxy and the muster? :0)

d0minic

@jonnyneale5 how should i transmit the said list to you?

jonnyneale5

@d0minic You can just wrote it in reply to this, or in the comments section of my latest tune. I'm up to 24 responses now all correlated on a spreadsheet. :0)