What people said about Salvadore’s jam Take Off Your Sunglasses

16 Comments (since 5 Jul 2014)

BladeRunner

loved this! (It's sunny here, I'll keep mine ;) )

rhona76

Very nice! :)

Nuno

Awesome! Cloudy here. Good luck for tonight's match.

Salvadore

@BladeRunner yeah, in the winter you have such lovely sunny weather :) Well we already had some in the summer, more to come soon hopefully. Glad you enjoyed it, even with your sunglasses on ;)

Salvadore

@rhona76 Only song I know of them, glad you liked it too :)

Salvadore

@Nuno Thanks, we needed that bit of luck, it was close ;) Semi-final is a lot more than expected before the start of the championship ... I'll keep hoping for more ;)

BladeRunner

@Salvadore congratulations on yesterday's game, wow, what a match... I'm still betting this will be Holland's time!

Nuno

@Salvadore Congratulations! The Netherlands clearly deserved to go through. The keeper substitution was a master decision by Van Gaal. I Think it's really not surprising this kind of substitution, they do it all the time in handball.

Salvadore

@BladeRunner Brazil is still in the game too ... although beating Germany without Neymar and Silva will be not be easy but still there is the home-advantage :) Who knows, it's just one step away from a special final ;)

Salvadore

@Nuno I'm still happy about it :) Yes, you're right, in other sports it's more usual to replace the goalkeeper. Problem in football is that you have to have a substitute left, one only has three per game ... and in 120 minutes it's not uncommon to replace injured or exhausted players. Luckily we had one substitute option left :p In the end it's a nice story!

Nuno

@Salvadore I doubt there was luck involved there, it was clever strategy by Van Gaal. He had that substitution in his sleeve for the penalty contingency . The other goalkeeper is very good and he had to leave this card to play in the end. A real master.

Salvadore

@Nuno Yes, before the game Krul was informed that he was the man for the penalties (if there was a substitute left). Cilissen was not informed because up front one doesn't know wether a change is still possible (in fact, defender Vlaar was actually injured during the game but not replaced (most likely to keep of the option for a possible keeper change))

Nuno

@Salvadore Surely confirms my idea, didn't know all those facts. Poor Vlaar left the option open. Against Argentina it will be even more difficult. The Netherlands must be more efficient and seize the 1st opportunity to score, that's halfway to win the match.

Salvadore

@Nuno Yes, probably Robben has to do it. Argentina didn't play very convincing yet, so we will certainly have a chance. They have Messi, but we have Robben (and hopefully Van Persie finishing his chances). Brazil and Germany are still favourite for the title.

Nuno

@Salvadore Don't trust Argentina's performance, they ere doing minimum services last match and Messi was not as sharp as usual. I think The Netherlands surely has a chance with Robben playing at his best (MVP in the tournament so far, in my opinion, perhaps together with James Rodrigues) and Van Persieat too. I was betting Brazil would go to the final but now I'm not so sure with Neymar and Thiago Silva out. Let's see if Hulk is inspired, otherwise I believe Germany is favorite to go through.

Salvadore

@Nuno Yeah, too bad Neymar is completely out of the tournament. Germany is now favourite as a team but Brazil is playing at home ... difficult to predict. The Dutch team is quite confident to win next Wednesday. (btw, historically we only lost one match (and won 4 out of 8) against Argentina on a World Cup, unfortunately the most important one ;) )