What people said about debutch’s jam Ain't Nothing You Can Do

39 Comments (since 12 Jul 2015)

BladeRunner

I'm gonna scare my neighbours if I do that ;) Beautiful jam!

SheRa

Come on @BladeRunner do it! it is liberating!!! Neighbors? meh. This is FUN!!!

dacia

@SheRa @BladeRunner Yes, I've heard about your squawkings, Jess! I heard that poor Ollie has to lie, chin-down with his paws over his ears!.... ;-)

@dacia :-)

Sid_Bonkers

Love this

Axol

Oh yeah

@Sid_Bonkers I first heard this via Van Morrison's excellent live version from "It's too late to stop now" I call this type of music, "swing-Soul" & if you like this, then you should check out the early records by Southside Johnny & The Asbury Jukes....(but I'd imagine you already know about them! :-) )

@Sid_Bonkers ...when I first heard of this guy ( + Z.Z. Top ) I always pronounced them "zed zed" ! :-)

Sid_Bonkers

I know Van's version but I love this and have not heard it before by ZZ Hill and annoyingly I cant find it on YT....

Sid_Bonkers

I was lucky as the guy who introduced me to ZZ Top actually go the pronunciation correct but he had worked in the states for a while but it did sound kind of funny at first :)

@Sid_Bonkers Yeh, sorry Sid....another one of my "home-made" jams....not to be found anywhere else as far as I can see....

paulgdaly

Ace version. The Van version is from one of the great live albums. The Bobby Bland version is immense.

@paulgdaly Yeh, I heard the Bobby Bland version too. Absolutely superb. I couldn't decide & It was a toss-up between that one & this.

paulgdaly

@debutch great choice mate. It knocked the song I woke up with in my head right out. Which is good cause it was bloody Kenny Rogers.

lindatee

Great jam Dave! - Re: TIMJ lull - yeah I haven't been on here as much lately and stopped doing a daily jam change. It nearly the end of term now though so I 'll be back more often.

@lindatee hurrah!! :-)

kfarrnd

@Sid_Bonkers - David and Sid, "Zed Zed" Top. That's pretty funny. Definitely doesn't roll off the tongue as well as our American pronunciation. David, loved this big "Swing Soul" (an apt description, my friend) tune.

ian38018

Epic - a new version to me

21schizoid

By crikey sir, that is nuttin' shy of sensational. Was that only three minutes?!? Felt like a lifetime of lurve, baby...

@kfarrnd yeh, I think being British, we should defiantly stick to calling them 'Zed Zed' haha! ....Glad you enjoyed this :-)

@21schizoid @ian38018 Thanks for your comments, guys :-) yeh, this has a bit of 'oomph' to it , doesn't it?

@BladeRunner Hey Jess, Kate just sent me photos & a video of her doing 'Australia's biggest jump'...a 14,000 foot drop from a plane ( an expert is strapped to her) with a sixty second free-fall!!....My stomach turned over just by READING that! :-)

BladeRunner

@debutch haha, omg! That's so cool!!! I can imagine your heart almost jumping off your throat watching it!!! Now you can figure out why i've never told my father i've bungee jumped in Bali... kkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!! =D

@BladeRunner Here's a picture of it, Jess. Look at her face! Hahaha!! ( Tomorrow, she's doing "Extreme Rafting"!...I 'm so happy for her, proud and....a bit jealous too! lol! ) https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtp1/v/t1.0-9/s480x480/11707668_1006482726063527_3708915651764446303_n.jpg?oh=7281acbf1cf5c4a6c0c78e22506498dd&oe=5655B952

@BladeRunner ...I think bungee jumping in Bali is even more terrifying! One thing, you're on your own and secondly, you can actually see the bottom when you jump! I think I could talk myself into a parachute jump but for a bungee jump, you'd have to either promise me a million pounds OR...put a gun to my head! :-)

BladeRunner

@debutch omg, i love her face!!! ohhh this is sooo great, be proud, be proud!! ohhh let me know what's her impression when she goes to the Barrier Reef!!! *-*

BladeRunner

@debutch Now, 2 relevant points on the Bali bungee jump - 1st: even though it was in Bali, the place was owned and ran by American people, i'd NEVAH do it on a balinese joint!And there was a pool in the end, which i know it's only for a psychological comfort, 'cause it means nada in terms of security, but it was so cool to touch the water and be dragged back - you actually WANT to get to the bottom ;)

BladeRunner

@debutch 2nd: music played a big role, it really helped set the vibe (as usual) - you could pick the song you wanted it. Majority picked BJ's "Blaze of Glory" (i mean, seriously???) =P - i picked "Should I Stay or Should I go" }:) i thought to myself, "wtf, if i'm going down i'll 'departure' listening to Joe Strummer! Hell yeah!!! And it was one of the biggest adrenaline rushes ever in my life!!! =D

shiningsun2k

Love it! Is it a bad thing that the retro revolution has become so big I no longer know if something like this is new or old just by listening to it?

@BladeRunner 3 questions...Were you ultra confident before you jumped? Was there a split second after jumping where you regretted it? Would you do it now?

@BladeRunner "music to choose before you jumped"...that's another good idea for a theme! ... #bungeejams ?? :-) ....One song I would NOT choose is the one by Destroy All Monsters, called "You're gonna die" kkkkkk!

@shiningsun2k I know what you mean, Jeremy! ....AND welcome back!!!...are you back to stay or is this a fleeting visit? Either way, it's great to hear from you and you HAVE been missed! Cool new avatar, too!

BladeRunner

@debutch being 24 certainly makes you more careless - so i'll be very honest in my answers: no, i wasn't ultra confident (and that's why i never told my father about it). no, i didn't had that regret second, i KNEW i was gonna do it, but i had a moment of terrifying fear, as i approached the jump point - and there you're not alone - but then it's that 'clear your mind' moment - i closed my eyes, took a huge breath, got in tune with the song and dived in - and screeeeam kkk! (cont.)

@shiningsun2k yeh, your avatar not only looks cool but you look kinda mean too!....not someone to mess with.....actually, I was thinking that your avatar could eat mine for breakfast! HaWHaWHaWhaa!

BladeRunner

i don't know if i'd do it nowadays... maybe i would... i really don't know, i'd just make sure i didn't have a headache on the day! kkkk. ooohhh i totally agree on bungeejams! and i actually do get the hype with Blaze of Glory at that moment, it really builds up (but too full of drama for me) - i was really going for something ultra energetic... i think we might have a good theme to develop there!!!

@BladeRunner that's an interesting insight there Jess. .....Yes, "bungeejams!!"....I think you should put that to @philipnareike or @MadameZia for a future idea! :-)

shiningsun2k

I'm not back in the capacity I was before yet, and it may be some time before I'm on every day again, but I'm planning this to be the starting point to getting close to that. Haha thank you. I'm not mean! I swear! It's just my resting face!

class_bore

Good to hear this again. One of the great vocal performances.