What people said about dorothywasright’s jam Feels Like We Only Go Backwards

12 Comments (since 9 Nov 2012)

Bukowski

From my 'Joint Album Of The Year' (so far)

dorothywasright

@Bukowski It's THE album of the year,IMO and the fact that I've seen them live gives them extra points haha.Who are the other contenders??

Bukowski

@thaknows Beach House - 'Bloom'

justjoe

@Bukowski what do u think of the Melody's Echo Chamber debut?

Bukowski

@joeclift1 I haven't heard it yet, will 'check it out' (as they say), thanks for the recommendation.

justjoe

@Bukowski i think u'll like it, it's another of Kevin Parker's brilliant projects and it has that brilliant psych rock sound that he always brings - my favourite track on the album is actually going to be my next jam

Bukowski

@joeclift1 I shall certainly 'give it a go' but I have so many albums on my to-do-list; Joni Mitchell - 'For The Roses', Orange Juice - 'The Glasgow School', The National - 'Sad Songs For Dirty Lovers' and Bat For Lashes - 'The Haunted Man'.

joeri

Is the background of your jam also a snippet of the back of the album? Love that.

dorothywasright

@joeri thanks,yeah it's the same pic but in the album is like this http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mamfr0eVk01qlvqfxo1_500.jpg :)

dorothywasright

@Bukowski another great album, indeed! I also really liked these three: Pond "Beard,Wives,Denim",The Maccabees "Given to the Wild" and The Cribs"In The Belly Of The Brazen Bull"

dutchzaphod

My other contenders for album of the year are Dry the River, Morning Parade, Serj Tankian, The Shins, The Maccabees, Django Django, The Killers and, especially, a late arrival: 'King Animal' by Soundgarden. This album blew me away!

dorothywasright

@dutchzaphod ohh I need to listen King Animal!! good contenders,i've only heard the ones from The Maccabees and the Killers,though. It's such a great album "Given to the wild" if it weren't for "Lonerism", I would have chosen it as album of the year.