What people said about homosporocarpus’s jam Hail, Hail

8 Comments (since 1 Dec 2014)

shiningsun2k

I can relate with that and I like Pearl Jam, but I particularly like when they rock out a bit more like they do here and on songs like "Animal" and "Do The Evolution".

Drek

Great song! It was the start of a change, but that led to some really awesome stuff, like this and (Do the) Evolution. :D @shiningsun2k Totally agree. I think their best songs tend to have a little more edge. Spin the Black Circle, Animal, Brother, Tremor Christ, Breakerfall and crap-ton more!!

luggy9

Hell yeah @shiningsun2k their best tracks rock hard

homosporocarpus

@luggy9, @Drek & @shiningsun2k — hard to disagree. I’ve always liked most of their stuff (with the exception of the last album, which I don’t like at all—Sirens? Really?), but my preference would always be with their less-promoted, or less popular tracks, like ‘Brain of J.’, ‘No Way’, ‘Go’, or ‘Why Go’. Ten was such a phenomenon, I suppose, with its raw emotions and honesty—it would be hard, for any musician, to keep up the pace and spirits after such an incredible début.

Drek

Brain of J! That's a big one I left off. Good stuff, man. :D ...Ten was among the best albums of all time IMO. Nobody can keep that up for long.

Drek

Mind Your Manners was almost a return to form. Maybe Getaway too. It's a shame the rest of the album didn't hold up. After their big three (Ten, Vs., Vitalogy), I'd pick Binaural as best. You?

bassscape

Yep, call it like it is @luggy9, @Drek & @shiningsun2k Pearl Jam's best tracks generally rock hard.

homosporocarpus

@Drek — yeah, I forgot about Mind Your Manners. It did, indeed, sound promising, but the rest of the album is,in my opinion, mediocre at best. But hey, it’s their right to sing whatever they please and you can’t get everyone happy so I’ll just shut up now. As for my favorites, I guess my pick would be Yield; I like Binaural, No Code and Backspacer too, but for me Yield has more of that grungy something I like in their music.