What people said about mikelowe’s jam Jig of Life

18 Comments (since 18 Mar 2015)

azche24

#voice and style come together here

boozybluesy

I have made a career out of dissing Kate on Twitter. Been nearly hung for it. But this is good. Must be getting mellow in my old age! :-))

BeeBee

Sweet as!

mikelowe

Thanks @BeeBee it sure is!! Good to see you around a little more by the way!! :-)

mikelowe

@boozybluesy "dissing Kate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" - * GLARES * Only joking and I'm glad you enjoyed that.....but I do love our Kate. for me she is one of our very few true "originals". But as I've said many a time on TIMJ, thank goodness we don't all love the same stuff. How boring would that be? There are a few artists who are worshipped here, that I just don't get!!! I'm also very aware that my first love of folky/country/rootsy stuff doesn't go down very well with most folks - but its MY jam :-))

mikelowe

@azche24 Thanks Alexander - agreed, very well too!!! :-)

She sounds a little different to the way I know her here. What album is this from , Mike?

christineb

Wonderful pick for your fist re-jam. Love the beat..and of course love Kate..

azche24

.... was smiling about @boozybluesy s comment. Strange things happen to us angry young women and men sometimes :-) - there came a time, when i started to explore and like supertramp (instead of jammin traditional blues stuff all the time). That was the moment i realized, i'm getting mellow and old and widening taste

mikelowe

Yep, it does sound different @debutch . It's from the second side of the Hounds of Love album. First side had all what became the well-known songs, "Running Up That Hill", "Big Sky", "Hounds...", "Cloudbusting". Side 2, called "The Ninth Wave" is a wonderful set of "themed" songs, well worth a listen. My favourite Kate album which makes it into my top 5 albums ever!!! :-)

mikelowe

@christineb Thank you for the Chrissy "seal of approval". I suppose technically I have done re-jams before, but I have waited a couple of weeks and then posted them and claimed them all as my own!!!!! This was my first current re-jam. I've tried to jam this and several others from "Hounds" before, but always restricted and I thought I better make the most of it being available!! :-)

THANK you for that Mike! :-)

mikelowe

@azche24 Haha, I had noticed your comments on dear @marissapicone 's page about Supertramp and I feel much the same as you about them, but I haven't managed to appreciate them just yet!! But I shall be big and brave and go and listen to her Jam later today when I've more time!!! :-)

azche24

Yes. Let's be big and brave and different in taste all the time. 😯

lindatee

Wonderful - love this! : )

mikelowe

@lindatee That's good - thanks!!! :-)

lynn200

still have to jam dear Kate,a great choice for a rejam...thx @Eilidh great choice, :)

mikelowe

Thanks @lynn200 . I would probably have posted more of dear Kate's work, but lots restricted!! :-( Sorry for late reply Lynn....busy!!! :-)