What people said about mjgBZ32’s jam Lucidity

12 Comments (since 11 Mar 2014)

kfarrnd

I really enjoy these guys' sound. It is definitely rooted in the late 60s Beatles era, but I think they have carved out their own distinctive groove. Excellent jam.

BladeRunner

agree with @kfarrnd ! I see so many people pointing fingers at them, but I think they do have their own identity.

simonp

As much as I like their second, it's their first album that really does it for me

mjgBZ32

@kfarrnd @BladeRunner I didn't say they sound exactly like them! Just a bit like them, Tomorrow

mjgBZ32

@kfarrndr @BladeRunner Never Knows could make anyone want to start a band!

BladeRunner

@mjgBZ32 Oh , I understood that! the "finger pointing" I've mentioned was mostly on YT ;)

rkientz

One of my favorite Tame Impala songs. Excellent choice!

GeorgiaPeach

Looking forward to seeing them in May @ Finsbury Park

rosspepperell

great band - arrangements, tone and the sound of John Lennon singing back to you....

apostrophedave

much better job of sounding like the Beatles than the Beatles as well. maybe there is more that im not aware of but i can only think of 2 or 3 psychedelic songs of theirs, they didn't do enough either way and its about time a band like tame impala came along and expanded that sound a bit

mjgBZ32

@monoelectron the Beatles weren't psychedelic enough?! Think you need to have another listen! Unless you have exceedingly high psychedelic standards

apostrophedave

@mjgBZ32 haha well i put the disclaimer in there cos my beatles listening is very patchy and im probably missing a lot of them. theres one on sgt peppers and another on revolver, and then the strawberry fields song. theres probably way more, could be that the albums that i have are just the cheesy pop from their early years, or yea maybe my psychedelic standards are too high, or maybe im too high lol