What people said about solveigo’s jam Don't Move

26 Comments (since 21 Oct 2012)

solveigo

i have a ticket to see these guys in november. booked it because of the warm up band originally, POLIÇA (double love). foolishly i also booked tickets to see the sisters in First Aid Kit for the same evening (gaaah!!!). am still quite undecided which one to go to. the two events are quite different, but I love the music equally. so it will either come down to a coin-toss or whatever mood i wake up in on the day of the gigs. what would you do?

solveigo

FYI. this is POLIÇA http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvmb8oussWs and this is First Aid Kit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PC57z-oDPLs

the_fox

Phantogram are really good live. Go to that.

thisismymistake

this one. polica will be epic.

thisismymistake

we actually get phantogram opening for polica here...

solveigo

@thisismymistake on further investigation, i think last.fm has their listings wrong (http://www.last.fm/music/Poli%C3%A7a/+events) as I just had a look at my e-ticket + the Heaven listings (http://www.heaven-live.co.uk ) and there it says POLICA is the headline act - intwesting.

solveigo

@the_fox yeah, you're right. leaning towards them and that mind-blown experience people keep talking about.

McKelvie

Polica is definitely headlining, didn't realise Phantogram was supporting. Ace.

johannakoll

Polica are so good live! Go to that! However, if you don't and you need someone for your ticket, ahem,...

clickysounds

I would think this would have to be determined by your mood/energy in the hours leading up to the shows... both at the top of my list too.

clickysounds

although I feel like the opportunity to see First Aid Kit in smaller shows is gonna last a little longer than the same for Polica. She's riding a rocket.

cyberspiel

@solveigo Choices, choices... Lucky You!!!

solveigo

@clickysounds well, that's the thing though, first aid kit are playing shepherd's bush which is a fairly large venue and not very cozy. however, polica are at Heaven which is perfect for squeezing right up to the stage. my heart is set on polica/phantogram at the moment :)

solveigo

@johannakoll ;)

solveigo

@cyberspiel yeah, quite. going with polica for now, hoping to catch first aid kit somewhere further down the future avenue...

clickysounds

@solvelgo it's pretty hard to go wrong with this choice, whichever you end up at.

MAGlCK

@solveigo just be sure to get a good spot for phantogram. i love their music, but i was too far away from the stage to have the full experience. i could see the people up front were having a blast though! (i also like first aid kit, but i think polica/phantogram is the clear winner)

J_Dub

davidovitch

Clone yourself (I'm pretty sure there's some machine you can use, I'm sure I saw it in a film that was VERY realistic) and go to both!

marthadear

phantogram is definitely one my favorite bands. only saw them once (it was such a beautiful gig it made me cry) and will also see them support poliça – i actually only bought the ticket because of phantogram. :)

solveigo

@marthadear thanks martha! i'm really excited now to see phantogram, didn't know who they were until 2 weeks ago :) always be discovering

solveigo

@davidovitch although the original me would probably jealous of the clone me and vice versa... there is no answer other than choice it appears :-o

davidovitch

True dat. Flick a coin. You'll know if you're happy with the answer ;-)

solveigo

@davidovitch ah, now THAT is good advice :) applying this to tough choices everywhere!

bbrenn19

@solveigo I saw first aid kit at coachella and they were amazing, definitely meant to be seen live. But hey, phantogram would be the dopeness too, so just flip that coin!

GetIntoZeChoppa

Easy. The POLIÇA/Phantogram combo will be a top night. There'll be other chances to see First Aid Kit.