What people said about 21schizoid’s jam Jane

27 Comments (since 7 Oct 2013)

heatherrings

Ha ha, I don't think you're especially weird. You seem fairly normal to me. Er...does that make me weird too? Nice jam - can't remember hearing it before.

21schizoid

@heatherrings Thank you so much. I am most awfully sorry to inform you madam, us weirdos really have to stick together ;-) Jefferson Starship came out of the psychedelic Airplane. Not a huge fan, but I do think this song is a killer...

alan_edmonds

What a great track, love it!

21schizoid

@alan_edmonds Thanks Al. It's a wee corker, is it not... :-)

heatherrings

Yeh Yeh was a great song. I was never really a Progperson. I mainly listened to chart stuff on the radio. 1979 was a good year for that. :-)

lindatee

Ah Mr B - I like being a weirdo as much as I like weirdos - it's the best way to be I find! So - insurance to catering . . . I'm waiting for that story - and I'm still coming for breakfast!!!

florencevibert

Fabulous choice Mr. Bristow, as always! :-)

christineb

Love it! Enjoyed the whimsical walk down memory lane. 79 was a great year, and in my opinion Jefferson Starships last great year. Freedom at Point Zero great, great album. Weirdo's are really the best, always my favorite people to be around. (card carrying member of the weirdo club since 1979)

lynn200

saw Georgie Fame at the Mod time,he was a hero with us.i went on to Prog rock..most of my long lost albums were that label.. was listening to Jefferson other night on YT,so many big memories. gave up on the chart hits around 68,one single lost its value,when a full album gave so much more--and the saved money to buy them.no credit then,thankfully...nice one.ch

21schizoid

@heatherrings You're so right madam. '79 was indeed prime chart territory... :-)

21schizoid

@lindatee Haha. Weirdos of a feather Lindylocks! I dare say my most recent (10 years ago!!) transition, will feature at some point...probably over brekky... ;-)

21schizoid

@florencevibert Thanks Miss Florence. Glad you're rockin' out, girl... ;-)

21schizoid

@christineb Thanks Chrissy. I'm more of an Airplane person, tho I did like some of Starship's toons. Two very different bands...and very complex in personnel changes. Ha! Another leftfield lover. Way more interesting, I agree...I have to, being a fellow paid-up member... ;-)

21schizoid

@lynn200 Thanks Lynn. Georgie was the boy for sure. Arguably, still is. As a red blooded male type, I could luxuriate over Grace Slick for...well, ever! Funny though, Airplane didn't feature much in my early Prog/Psych forages, probably because the field was dominated by so many brilliant UK bands. However, all things come to those who wait!! ;-)

lynn200

2 words----White Rabbit...*

21schizoid

@lynn200 Oh yeah baby;-) I Jammed Somebody to Love, a while back. Never tire of listening to either... :-)

mikelowe

Yep, I was (still am) an Airplane cadet and they are on my "to Jam" list. But, quite like this. Look forward to a Georgie Fame Jam and wee story.

21schizoid

@mikelowe As I said Mikey fella, two different bands. I love the Plane. Like some Starship and although I'm not an 'arena' rockist, I really like this song. I like some early Boston and the like also, but generally that USA rock thang, gies me the boak 'nat!. Sure I'll be able to dredge up a Georgie toon and cameo, once the memory wheels are stirred into action... ;-)

psyclopstrees

I used to have yeh yeh and get away as singles... he played on a lot of reggae records too!

21schizoid

@psyclopstrees Yes sir, a real class act, Georgie. One of our finest, in my opinion. :-)

marissapicone

I have always enjoyed both Airplane & Starship unlike so many of my friends who kinda went one way or the other. lol Thanks for the jam. I really enjoyed it <3

21schizoid

@marissapicone Welcome, Marissa. I genuinely think both bands have their merits. Although Airplane was a different sound/era from Starship, I can understand why some might play one off against the other. However, Grace Slick appears in both, so I'm sorted either way!! ;-)

florencevibert

@21schizoid Oh, yeeees! Rockin' out, lad... ;-)

Sid_Bonkers

Good choice as usual, its so good to hear this rather than the usual White Rabbit & Somebody to Love :)

cosmicdon

Power Rock Great.

21schizoid

@Sid_Bonkers Cheers Sid. Tricky one on TIMJ, 'cos I love both of the tracks you mention. However, since I like a bit of a chat, I try to use music that leads me to some half decent yarns, rather than just the obvious stuff. Anyway, you should know all about finding the 'obscurely wonderful', since you're a bloomin' master at it!! :-)

21schizoid

@cosmicdon Thanks G. Bit of thunder in those rockin' thighs...never did anyone any harm!! :-)