What people said about AheadByEcho’s jam The Words That Maketh Murder

9 Comments (since 22 Aug 2015)

noyoucmon

@AheadByEcho Damnation!! Not only did I miss your Lizzy Jam, which I desparately wanted to hear, but you beat me to the PJ punch!

noyoucmon

@AheadByEcho Agreed on all counts re: Harvey's genius. It doesn't even feel like enough to say that I love this album; it's simply so good that it trounces the competition. I remember when it came out and early in the year you said you couldn't imagine how anything else could come close to it that year and I felt the same way.

noyoucmon

@AheadByEcho This version you've posted is quite wild as it seems to combine the album version with a raw rehearsal version; if this is the official video, it comes as no surprise as Harvey is one of those bold artists who is not afraid to confound or disappoint by taking the conventional route.

noyoucmon

@AheadByEcho Finally, about Let England Shake: is there any album that does a better job of chronicling the horrors of war?

noyoucmon

@AheadByEcho I can't stop talking here. It blew my mind the first time I heard this and how she incorporates perfectly a lyric from Summertime Blues, of all things, and turns it on its ear.

noyoucmon

@AheadByEcho And, last, up above I meant by AVOIDING the conventional route.

AheadByEcho

@noyoucmon PJ Harvey was able to capture in 12 songs what that Bear Family Vietnam box set couldn't do in 13 discs: describe the horrors of war and how those horrors effect everyone who comes in contact with them. (You know, I think that video might be on that DVD she released about a year after the album came out. I can't recall and likewise, I can't find that DVD!)

AheadByEcho

@noyoucmon Yes, the fact that she was able to use Summertime Blues so perfectly in this song without it seeming foolish is impressive. I almost hate to hear whatever comes next in her career because this is such an impossible album to improve upon. I need to keep that in mind too when she does come out with her next album as I don't want to always want to say, well, it is no "England Shake'.

noyoucmon

@AheadByEcho I've got that DVD sitting right here, yet to be watched after four years!