What people said about BertrandRustles’s jam Back On The Chain Gang

15 Comments (since 19 Aug 2015)

mondosalvo

His solo on "Kid" is one of the all time great guitar solos.

BertrandRustles

@mondosalvo Oh God yes. Just magnificent.

I agree with everything said in your intro

AlteGeist

this is one of those moments where I song I've known of forever finally gets a band and name attached to it.

Sid_Bonkers

Great jam, love this song, one of their finest IMHO

zodat

superb.

paulgdaly

I think it was about Honeyman-Scott and Pete Farndon, who had made the mistake of getting involved with Topper Headon and heroin and who also died of an overdose.

BertrandRustles

@paulgdaly No doubt that was playing on her mind too and it was certainly a tragedy that Farndon died the following year. Though while Farndon was a quality bassist I always felt that Honeyman-Scott had something very, very special about him as a guitarist.

MsSue

Great memories of being up on top of the railings at the side of the stage at Wembley rocking out to this. #healthandsafety

paulgdaly

@BertrandRustles You're right about that. The band she put together for Learning to Crawl and the subsequent tour were fantastic and I remember being floored by them. Also the only concert I remember where I went out the next day and bought the album of the support band -- The Waterboys. A great night all told.

susanalley180

My husband died in 2006, and he was also a very accomplished musician. He died of high blood pressure, the silent killer. We're losing so much talent to diseases that are curable. He found out about his problem much too late, and the medicine was sooo expensive. This was when Bush was in office, Dwayne didn't have a chance.

Axol

thanks for all the jams and for following me. I am sorry that I couldn't follow everyone - I have found following 70 people a struggle but I do play and like a lot, even so. Maybe see you on letsloop.com when the Titanic does go down. Until then keeponjamminguntiltheend - it has been lots of fun xx

Axol

wonderful jam

PeteLaberge

In case someone has not heard, and sorry to be repetitive: When the party here is over, most of us are going to here: http://www.letsloop.com It is not the fine toy Jam was, but they are young and growing! Also, there is a F/B page for X jammers: https://www.facebook.com/groups/229952510523950/ There is also this: http://bullfrogjams.tumblr.com/ryangibbs See you there! LLAP! Spread the word.

21schizoid

Properly beltin' Jam, ma' friend...