What people said about BertrandRustles’s jam Take One Last Look

88 Comments (since 23 Sep 2015)

BertrandRustles

Let’s watch the sun come up in another town Try our luck a little further down Leave the cards on the table Leave the bread on the plate Put your hand on the gearshift Put your foot off the brake And take one last look At the place that you are leaving Take one last look Oh take one last look At the place that you are leaving Take one last look

BertrandRustles

I beg for something that the wind can carry There are all points of ways across the waiting prairie This car looks like it could give us a good run A choice to leave was a good one And take one last look At the place that you are leaving Take one last look Oh take one last look At the place that you are leaving Take one last look

BertrandRustles

Let’s look forward to the lights that are new, The world is a ribbon of road for you All towns have churches and tire stops They put up speed limit signs and they hire cops I love to see the wind in your hair All we ever need we can get anywhere And take one last look At the place that you are leaving Take one last look Oh take one last look At the place that you are leaving Take one last look Oh take one last look Oh take one last look

BertrandRustles

What an extraordinary and amazing trip this has been. I’ve worked in the music industry in one way or another my entire life and was beginning to think that I’d bought, sold, licensed or bootlegged just about everything at some point. How wrong I was. TIMJ has been a wild ride with you incredible people introducing me to SO MUCH amazing music that I’d never come across before. You’ve all been responsible for keeping me financially busted for the last few years as

BertrandRustles

I’ve dived around on Amazon, discogs or eBay desperately trying to find CDs or vinyl of the wonderful stuff you’ve posted. As if that music discovery wasn’t enough, the icing on the cake / cherry on top has been the incredible community that has grown up here over such a short space of time. I’m used to the bickering and nastiness of other social media which can be very wearing to say the least so it’s always been such a relief to be able to come here with you guys and just hang,

BertrandRustles

safe in the knowledge that no-one had an agenda and everyone was purely here to talk music (and, as we all became friends, to occasionally talk life too). I literally can’t imagine being without this fantastic group of friends and I hope I don’t have to be.

BertrandRustles

TIMJ started off for me with a few of my Twitter pals coming over here. You lot have always been supportive and have made me cry with laughter here often, particularly you @steveindisguise @KerryEJordan @jackiepatie @BekkiSymesk @JamieUnderhill @purlpower @armstrongkath @twirlingteacups @Twittwoo_owl @jillywill22l @EgregiousGirl @hirokitojo @MJHasOwlEyes @kiwilostie @markhyson @_Kirts @fennerpearson @EatMyHalo @ricardopresto @drunkeneviltwin @zort70 @tinathewife See you all at godsjukebox.com

BertrandRustles

As I got to know the rest of you, (I believe @adrian4acn was the first non-Twitter friend I followed, which was not a bad start and we’re still hanging in there, not quite sick of each other yet), I was delighted by the exceptional taste shown by everyone and the generosity in their willingness to share so much musical knowledge.

BertrandRustles

I can’t get enough of that input, you’re all awesome and I’m grateful to every last one but in particular: @AlicejustMay @Sid_Bonkers @psyclopstrees @MsSue @labracoon @jackietheripper @pauseliveaction @lynn200 @Phyl @tomdwilly @soorajsoman @PartyTearsFew @Bukowski @dutchzaphod @BladeRunner @kzone8 @newley @d0minic @kemiladashdot @Avante @thisismymistake @HaveACuppaTea @christineb @BarneyRubble @paulgdaly @Axol @21schizoidz have been such a joy.

BertrandRustles

and it goes on even now: Just recently I’ve found myself discovering new friends. You know that thing where it just feels like you’ve known people for AGES… I’m looking forward to more of your music and more chats. *waves at @timeisnow @TheGreatValerio and @loboska*

BertrandRustles

Remember when we had that wedding? OMG! @natyblooming and @Brownpants you were like the embodiment of all the fabulousness that TIMJ had become. I loved all of that and all your Jams, thanks both.

BertrandRustles

@debutch; Mate, thanks for your warm and wonderful sharing. Top man.

BertrandRustles

Anyone who’s taken any notice will know that there’s not much music I don’t like and no specific genre that I’m particularly drawn to more than any other but, if I HAD to pin down what makes me feel good any time and every time, it would be the kind of stuff posted by @shitsterbauer and @dacia in all of their guises. I thank you both from the bottom of my heart for the joy and the education your Jams have brought me. Long may it continue.

BertrandRustles

Oh, and I’m REALLY sorry for pushing so many of you to join Let’s Loop, (although I do think it’s a pretty cool site), problem was that the troublemaker @jackattackme didn’t tell me godsJukebox.com was under construction! Suffice to say that you’ll find me over at GJ, same name as here.

BertrandRustles

Finally, a massive thank you to @Han and @flaneur for their generosity in giving us something so great for as long as we had it and for being thoughtful enough to create an archive to treasure rather than simply closing the doors. You two always did right by us and I’m thrilled things have worked out well for you x

BertrandRustles

So I’ve got just 2 days left to visit as many Jammers that I’ve never met as possible. Here goes…

adrian4acn

If this place did emoticons i'd look for the wet faced crying one. My memory of last week is vague but somewhere, many moons ago I think it was through Twitter i found TIMJ, and it seems reasonable to suspect you @BertrandRustles had a something to do with that. See you on the flip. #MusicIsTheBest

I was listening to the music while reading your epilogue and the two combined almost overcame me. You couldn't have improved on your final jam , Chris. A posting supreme. Thank you & see you again soon. :-)

adrian4acn

And BTW.....fucking awesome jam Dude.

21schizoid

Powerful Jam, set off beautifully with your very heartfelt and moving words, ma' friend. I am indebted to you, for that wee mention, too. If I never read another thing about TIMJ, I'd send your thoughts to everyone that had never experienced this place, just to show them what is possible, even in this tortuous world we all endure. Onwards sir...new pastures, new music and new friends, await...

BladeRunner

omg... this one is absolutely spot on! I get emotional too easily so i'll try to keep it joyous =) thank you for mentioning and remembering me in the middle of so many beautiful thoughts. Thank you for such brilliant moments through these last 3 years!!! I'm happy we're all meeting again!

shitsterbauer

A lot of what you've written here is perfect and also sums up why I'm going to miss this place so much. Thanks for the compliments and for a lot of good stuff over the years. Catch you later on down the trail.

markhyson

You're the MAN Bertie! Thank you for your kind words... beer soon @BertrandRustles!!

TheGreatValerio

Okay, I've *gone*

twirlingteacups

Wonderful words and the perfect song. It has been brilliant..

jackiepatie

You massive gay x

BertrandRustles

@jackiepatie I prefer to think of myself as a new wave ponce thank you very much.

jackiepatie

Hahahaaaa

devilsuit

beautiful

dacia

Thank you and thank you for all of your jams as well, you are one of my very favorite jammers, and not just for your good taste, but for your kindness & sense of humor, both of which I have really appreciated. I' m very glad I'll still get to see you around. :)

KerryEJordan

*proper crying*

d0minic

a beautiful epitaph for a site like no other. Thanks.

juffery

Rustles... ace jam, ace words

TheGreatValerio

@BertrandRustles *waves back* Thank you.

dutchbeeblebrox

So many memories, so many stories. Not just about music but always returning to it. I'm not a fan of the song but the lyrics do say it all: "Music was my first love and it will be my last" (orchestral sounds in a crescendo leading to the inevitable silence. See you on the other sides)

kemiladashdot

This is a thread to keep and frame. Lots of love back at you friend:)

BarneyRubble2

Sad but fitting

Brownpants

Wonderful words, thank you so much. Top man! :-)

christineb

Amazing jam..if Tom's lyrics didn't bring me to tears your words did, so lovely...You just said everything that needed to be said. The community and family here is like no other.... I only hope we can find the magic that TIMJ was on GJ. Thank you for all the jams and chatter..

kingofmen

duuuuuuuuuuuppppaaaahhhhhhh jam rusty ,,,,thank for all the effort you have put into keeping the party going m8,,,your a mensch ,,,see you at godsbox

stevefawcett

Beautifully put, Chris, AKA @BertrandRustles - a perfect epitaph and a perfect song for a (oh, what the hell) PERFECT site for music lovers of all persuasions. See you in another life, brother...

drunkeneviltwin

@BertrandRustles thank you for the mention, it has been ace, but then its music, it always pulls people together.

loboska

"You're my besht friend..hic". Yes, really lovely reading that whilst Tom sang. 'THE' wedding really pulled me into interacting, whereas I used to just look from the sidelines. All these lovely sentiments, but none finer than @jackiepatie 's "You massive gay" x

PartyTearsFew

Oh Mr @BertrandRustles, you will not know this but you were the first person to comment on my Party Fears Two first Jam with the words "What a first Jam! Class. Welcome :)" I came here knowing no one and that comment was memorable to me. You have eloquently said what a lot of people feel about this lovely place. Most importantly the good natured but passionate music connection we all feel. Your avatar has a comforting aurora, handlebar tash 'n all. See you on God. Thank you for taking the time.

natyblooming

oh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Read everything!!! Fantastic!!!! And thank you for your jams! See you around :D

kzone8

I'll be jamming up a storm to entertain you on Friday. I was reading all the comments, and I can't remember for the life of me how I discovered TIMJ. Must have been through someone on Twitter. Sometime in late August, 2012. Been doing one a day since.

whiffoself

Thank you for the jams!

turnerjamese

Marvelous, thanks for all the jams!

3LeggedDawg

Perfect last jam!

myrtle

Such a brilliant final jam & heartfelt words! Cheers to you & yours :-)

marissapicone

You have so eloquently conveyed how so many of us are feeling. Thanks so much for all the music, info & comments you have contributed. You have helped make my experiece here at TIMJ so rewarding & memorable. I know we will never replace TIMJ but my hopes are that we may move forward with each other to new respective sites & perhaps continue to be part of the community we founded here. Perfect choice in Jam & sentiments :-)

pez

Well said that man. And what a great new song from Tom, easily as good as his best.

armstrongkath

Always a pleasure Bertie, you lovely human person. See you at the Jukebox Mwah x

Sid_Bonkers

A very sad day indeed but always remember that God doesnt restrict jams ;)

BertrandRustles

@Sid_Bonkers See you there fella :)

_Kirts

Aww. Thank you for broadening my music tastes! See you on the other side...X

HappyZebra

Not really a Wait's fan but the lyrics are, indded, great. :) And, well, thank you for sharing music!

Avante

Thank you @BertrandRustles it's been a great ride. Also I've still got you pinned down on my team for the zombie invasion. = )

BertrandRustles

@Avante I'm all set. You know it :)

jonnyneale5

Thank you, thank you, thank you Mister Rustles. Another grand, 'True Jamstar Legend', if ever there was one.

jonnyneale5

Hopefully I will wander over to God's Jukebox. Prob under the sobriquet Renegade Chemist.

HaveACuppaTea

@BertrandRustles Some nice farewell comments, you've summed up the TIMJ experience very fittingly. Thanks for the mention, and your contribution to this site over the years.

totallydaft

So beautifully put, @BertrandRustles. Thasnk you for sharing all of your wonderful music and I'm following you to Gods' Jukebox and Let's Loop. See you all there!!

kerlmann

@BertrandRustlesI n equal parts, a pleasure and an education following you... the master at work signing off, what a great song.

jackietheripper

*sobs*

DavidAnderson

Delicious, absolutely delicious...

soorajsoman

Thanks Kool one for the lovely music and some fun moments. As a farewell speech it probably wont get better than this one - so congrats on that and your tremendous spirit and passion which has been in ample evidence ever since i had the privilege of noticing that mop of hair and shades :D See you on the other side and look forward to your cool vibes. cheers mate

AndyMack

@BertrandRustles A beauty to end on. See you on GJ

BekkiSymes

Perfect jam of course, oh King of the jams. *does a curtsey*

clockworkhobbit

Been a joy following you here @BertrandRustles See you over on the jukebox.

BertrandRustles

@clockworkhobbit Cheers fella, I look forward to seeing you over there :)

Phyl

Sorry? What was that you said mate? I missed most of it while I was frantically trying to listen to everyone's last Jams! :) Thanks for the mention. 'As one door closes, another one opens' or several it seems! Brilliant farewell from here! See ya soon. :)

psyclopstrees

Nice one Bertie see you on it's been fun see you on GJ

ElizaJane

Wonderful! See you soon on God's Jukebox :-D

mrbootle

Stirling jam! Can't go wrong with Tom, but that was something else. See you on the flip side.

kfarrnd

Well said, and a well played last Jam. Looking forward to keeping it up with you and all these other fine folks at GJ.

Clash_Presley

thanks for all the jams !

labracoon

Thanks for the great music. See you on the other side of the river.

trees

Thank you for the music, and see you on the flip side!

dutchbeeblebrox

And the Bertrand, he rustled on... :)

EljM

💙💚💛💜❤️

hrhqkns

True excellence.

vomitsunami

Keep on keepin on, dude...see you in the funny papers

vomitsunami

Damn, you were right about this song

timeisnow

Oh Ya, we're looking...Lookin's free but touchin's gonna cost ya somethin'! :)))

timeisnow

that one got me *right here ....thank you

crimsonghost

There's something magical, something commanding and final in his voice; 40 years of drinks and chainsmoking adds its layer also - but it's always been there. Amazing choice, love this really. Thank you.

purlpower