What people said about PeteLaberge’s jam You Know I'm No Good

21 Comments (since 14 Oct 2013)

7 years, 6 days ago

PeteLaberge

I wanted to Jam this, with the lyrics. My Jam will not let me. For any of you who want to see the lyrics, go look here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOFpJN-2tcg

7 years, 6 days ago

PeteLaberge

My Swedish counterpart, Mikael Engstrom, is Jamming here: https://www.thisismyjam.com/Engztrom?past=_6y6jgw9 Gladiator ("You Know I'm No Good") byHistoryteacherz and Amy Winehouse Two men spar on the sandy floor, the crowd revels in the gore, his fate determined by the emperor’s thumb, if up he lives, if down he’s done! Go take a look for a remix of the song that is every bit as good as Winehouse's.

7 years, 6 days ago

PeteLaberge

To see/hear 50+ other wonderful videos, go here: http://www.youtube.com/user/historyteachers/videos?view=0 And, this Facebook page may interest: https://www.facebook.com/historyteacherz If you subscribe/follow, say Pete sent you!

7 years, 6 days ago

Bukowski

Great choice. Thanks for the extra info.

7 years, 6 days ago

lindatee

Wonderful . . . .

7 years, 6 days ago

Engztrom

She had a rich and very charismatic voice, but the recording Pete wasn't allowed to jam is better. It's so sad how she ruined her life with drugs and alcohol...

7 years, 6 days ago

PeteLaberge

@lindatee @Bukowski Thanky you. I am glad you liked it and the other info. Do look at the lyrics version I was not allowed to jam. Winehouse's voice shines in that one.

7 years, 6 days ago

PeteLaberge

@Engztrom Yes, and none of the leaches she surrounded herself with helped her! They just used her! How sad! Now I was not and still am not a real Winehouse fan. But then, someone special introduced me to her, so I must give her credit, where credit is due. And you are right: The lyrics recording is MUCH better than this Live Recording, Poor Amy Winehouse. But another person, with a similar name, is ok. And for that, I rejoice!

7 years, 6 days ago

PeteLaberge

@polat7923 48 Plays! 30 Likes! Your're going to be a Uber Jammer! Congratulations!

7 years, 6 days ago

andybartlett

Blasted

7 years, 5 days ago

PeteLaberge

@polat7923 I try to encourage people..... And make them smile, or laugh...

7 years, 5 days ago

PeteLaberge

@shirl Glad you liked it. Take care.

7 years, 3 days ago

itskerryc

A lost young talent.

7 years, 2 days ago

gnoinc

Like a candle in the wind her own talent blew her away. Great Jam.

7 years, 1 day ago

PeteLaberge

@gnoinc Yes, these very artistic people tend to be very high strung. And a lot of them have what is called "addictive personalities". If they can control it, ok, if not... W. Houston or A. Winehouse. Your statement very perceptive and poetic. Do check out Amy Burvall's version of Winehouse's song. Gladiator ("You Know I'm No Good" by Amy Winehouse) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIGyWwPcano Take care.

7 years, 1 day ago

nangeanarendra

loved your wonderful comment --yes it is a great music

7 years, 1 day ago

itskerryc

@Engztrom @PeteLaberge Came back for another listen. She really was a talented musician, and yes the sadness of destroying her life in her prime. The problem around addictions in such cases as hers is the question of whether the underlying depression suffered is a cause or affect of alcohol. Hopefully we make the breakthrough in the near term. It is the same issue suffered by many troops returning from deployment and suffering from PTSD. The alcohol is the catalyst to escape.

7 years, 22 hours ago

PeteLaberge

@itskerryc You have that one pegged straight. I thing these people have an "addictive personality": booze, pills, tobacco, & acclamation are very addictive. Then with fame comes money, power, ability to access drugs, booze, etc. The "Lifestyle" takes them over. Sadly, Winehouse, Jackson, & Houston and a few others had "no one to pull them back from the edge", instead they had enablers. They were an industry, providing a good living to their entourage. And that is too bad.

7 years, 11 hours ago

nangeanarendra

THANKS FOR THE COMMENT

7 years, 9 hours ago

nangeanarendra

FLYING DUTCH MAN IS GREAT LOVE STORY BY WAGNER - IN OPERA FORMAT--GLAD YOU COULD LEARN THIS NOW

7 years, 9 hours ago

PeteLaberge

@nangeanarendra Well, it is thanks to you, I had heard of the Flying Dutchman, and had heard the piece of music - But somehow i never connected the 2!!! You made my day!