What people said about Sid_Bonkers’s jam Milk and Alcohol

41 Comments (since 28 Oct 2013)

Sid_Bonkers

With everyone seemingly jamming Lou Reed this week and rightly so I feel that this news has been somewhat forgotten. RIP John

panthersolo

Love this song :)

Sid_Bonkers

@panthersolo me too, glad you liked it..

specialdelivery

nice choice @Sid_Bonkers

panthersolo

@Sid_Bonkers This and "Roxette" are on my mp3 player at all times :)

kingofmen

...that a sad un sid,,,,i did not know ,,,gonna be a lot of pain around when wilco carks,,the good uns are falling sid,,,i have not jammed lou either ,,,,if i find something that fits i will,,ya know im paly with his missus .laurie, so will wait a while and try and get the story ,,,i know that after the liver transplant all was not well,,you know me you could jam the feelgoods all day long,,when we get a moment [ say that a lot lately] ill tell ya some of the war story's , jonny snake hips told

kingofmen

me about the feelgoods on tour....silly stuff really ,,,,but very amusing and very english so i will raise a glass to gypie mayo and mouth a silent thank you ,,,,vaya con dios GYPIE

kemiladashdot

nice jam and thoughts

njparry

I bought the coloured vinyl 45 all those years ago.....brown one side, white on the other....

BertrandRustles

Terrific band and a great single.

leejohnson

I always do a Jam every 48 hours or so, this gives me a chance to be up-to-date on most things. A week is a long time, even in Jam-world.

lynn200

yes,good thinking. great tribute.

Axol

@Sid_Bonkers good post Sid.

cosmicdon

Nice one sid.

TonyDurkin

The first single I ever bought....been a Feelgood fan ever since

MeatF

Thanks ... I haven't listened to this gem in ages!

CSC

@Sid_Bonkers Fuckin raaad!!!!!

BeeBee

Oh blimey........ One of the songs that led our 6th form rebellion at school ( the song lasted longer than the rebellion!)

myrtle

Great post! Well said....

RemyD

one thing i love about this site - being introduced to UK artists that never made it to mainstream US markets - - even if it's decades later. New music to me - love it.

kingofmen

@RemyD ...hi remy ,,if i may ,,,,''oil city confidential'' tells the tale of the feelgood's , in an interesting self deprecating way ,,its on DVD i know sid has it ,,,the feel goods represent something special to us , because they broke down barriers and open doors for other bands to go through and succeed + they had a great sense of humour and self.....and any ways always cool to find new music ,,,cheers from london..

Sid_Bonkers

@specialdelivery Thanks for the comment @panthersolo Good choices and both on mine too :) @kingofmen You know me, always love a story or three... @kemiladashdot Definitely a sad time for Feelgood fans but i see Wilco has a busy gig schedule at the moment. @njparry Could be worth a bob or two now I see some of the old coloured vinyl going for silly money. @BertrandRustles I am in complete agreement with you there Berty

Sid_Bonkers

@leejohnson I dont know where you find the time to jam that often, but keep up the good work, Ive been thinking of broadening my jams to 60's music but finding it hard to get away from the blues :) @lynn200 Thanks Lynn @Axol Cheers Axol @cosmicdon Thanks Don @TonyDurkin A great band and with the changing guitarists a few different flavors too... @MeatF Thanks for the comment

Sid_Bonkers

@CSC Fuckin yea!!!! @BeeBee Thanks for the comment BeeBee they did give off a certain energy didnt they? @myrtle Cheers for the comment Myrtle @RemyD Thanks for the comment Remy and as @kingofmen says Oil City Confidential is a great movie telling the story of the boys from Canvey Island or the Thames Delta as they put it :)

Sid_Bonkers

@RemyD Dont know if this will work for you in the States but I found the movie on line here http://viooz.co/movies/13885-oil-city-confidential-2009.html

RemyD

@Sid_Bonkers ,@kingofmen Thanks so much for referring me to this movie and the link - i will definatly check it out.

bagerap

Saw this on the playlist and thought Brilliant. Then I found out why, which is a serious downer. Love the band and lived their music. (And that's not a typo)

Sid_Bonkers

@bagerap yes its very sad but on a slightly brighter note Wilco is still out there doing what he loves, a very courageous and dignified man IMHO... http://www.wilkojohnson.org/#!__gigs

kingofmen

...i think we might have to make a pilgramige ,,to wilco's show, if he plays within striking distance ..say ISLA CANVEE' ,,i might get the jam jar out and pay me respects, @lindatee would probaly have a bit of wilco action,,,

lindatee

I'd love to see Wilco - I think he's selling out at mo - sad times . I saw Ian Dury's last ever concert - he through out daffodils - I still have the one I caught - was choked though ... Wilkos gig will be emotional ...

lindatee

@kingofmen - keep forgetting to tag - doh!!!

kingofmen

@lindatee its good that he is selling out ,,,,best tribute to one of our own.....

Sid_Bonkers

@kingofmen Id definitely be up for that mate but the gig guide doesnt list much near yje smoke...Putney but that was last month damn it..That said I wouldnt be surprised if he added a show at Canvey, the tour is called 'Goin' Back Home' after all. Keep your ear to the ground and we'll see if it happens.

Sid_Bonkers

@kingofmen yje smoke!! bloody keyboard keeps moving ;)

Sid_Bonkers

@lindatee Ian Dury's last gig ....would loved to have been there :))

Sid_Bonkers

@TonyDurkin Re comment on your last jam... Sounds like it was a brilliant night, would loved to have been there, just hope he adds a few more nights to the tour maybe one more night in London or even Canvey....

kingofmen

@lindatee @Sid_Bonkers ,,,yeah thats one i would make a huge effort to be at ,,,,we owe our selves at night on the lash,,,,i think i would buy a ticket just to be in wilcos company ,,and say thanks for great music ,,,and what a laugh,,,all that character he has given us ,,,im gonna fone jonny snake hips,,he knows wilcos people , snake hips retired to deal, but still has his fone book , cannot believe wilco will go out with a putter,,,gotta be a wilco bash some were on isla canvee'

lindatee

@Sid_Bonkers. Yeah the Dury gig was wonderful - but also sad - his wife and kids were there too. He said he didn't wanna bother going off and then back on for encore - so he stayed and played - and threw out the daffs (notice correct spelling of threw this time - I must be shite teacher) . I always wanted to get tix for wilco - he was great in The Blockheads - always good to watch... I guess gigs will depend on his health - whether hell add dates - but venues get booked in advance ......

kingofmen

@lindatee ,,,thats heartbreaking about ian D,,,,,still at least he went out knowing he was loved ,,by the people ,,,his people...

lindatee

@kingofmen Yes - I skived work on the day of his funeral and went up to Hamstead - loads of people were just standing outside. I was trying to hide from the press cameras cos I didn't want to be outted! I was in one pic though - but I've got away with it so far!!!