What people said about ZachsMind’s jam The Way It Is

20 Comments (since 29 Jun 2015)

SheRa

Things are changing and will continue to do so my friend...I too have had arguments about all the things you mentioned...objections to one view by the "Very religious" and objections to the other because of experiences with racism...I too had to battle with the noise of the Extremes..I'm glad through my own experiences I made the right choices for myself..treat others like you want to be treated, work hard , love hard and be the best YOU that you possibly can...I think I did all right.

christineb

@SheRa Well put~ beautiful song, brings back so many memories of warm summer nights....one forgets to listen to the lyrics, you get so mesmerized by Bruce Hornsby's voice and piano playing.

seventhirtyman

Powerful words, @ZachsMind. And an excellently appropriate choice of jam.

homosporocarpus

@ZachsMind—I was born and raised in Poland, probably one of the most hard-core religiously-driven contries in Europe (and it’s sadly not getting any better in this respect)—the fact that there were, and still are, so many every-day struggles that ‘are just the way they are’, with no realistic hope that they might ever change, has driven many into questioning the system, both political and spiritual. Being a heterosexual non-believer, I can’t even start to express how happy I am things do change…

homosporocarpus

@SheRa—it’s always been a mystery to me what part of the minds in the very people who have been quoting the bible justifying their prejudices, is responsible for conveniently omitting the: ‘Let him who is without sin among you be the first to throw a stone…’ or ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself. There is no other commandment greater than these.’ bits… hard to ignore the incoherence… but luckily, things do—and will continue to—change… :)

timeisnow

:-))) rainbows everywhere!

ZachsMind

Thanks everyone for the kind words. We're not out of the woods yet. We still have a long way to go, but for once in a long time, feels like a step in the right direction, finally.

SheRa

@christineb Thanks Chrissy.

SheRa

@homosporocarpus It is because organized religion often times allows you to pick and choose which commandments/rules are still applicable..An example of the hypocrisy http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/03/georgia-florist-gay-wedding_n_7001288.html You are correct. LOVE is the point. Treat others as you would like to be treated...it is simple. We make it difficult for no reason. I believe in doing good and being good NOT because of some reward when I die - but because I am supposed to now!

Sid_Bonkers

"As it turns out, there are certain ways to speak English correctly, and the southern states do not" Hi Zach as a Brit I would go further and say that the whole of the USA cant speak English properly but then neither can most of the UK either, personally I just about mastered broken English coming as I do from South London, probably the worst accent in the UK.

Sid_Bonkers

Great jam BTW

homosporocarpus

@SheRa —…and amen to that. You know, I've seen a lot of nasty things being said and done towards people who dare not to share the religious views of the majority. The link you've shared—that is just unbelievable. I was born on a buddhist island in the orthodox catholic ocean and although I have to admit I’ve always been luckier than many of my non-catholic friends, I still had a lot of practice, whether I liked it or not, in dealing with the medieval minds…

homosporocarpus

@SheRa —I rejoice at the Court's verdict, and @ZachsMind has chosen a fantastic track to celebrate it, or the change it symbolises. I remember a rather niche case a few years back, where the defenders of the rights got it right: www.nomorelost.org/2011/03/25/straight-male-gamer-told-to-get-over-it-by-bioware—‘(…)the truth is that privilege always lies with the majority. They’re so used to being catered to that they see the lack of catering as an imbalance.’ Is the end to it near? I hope so…

SheRa

@homosporocarpus Wow so cool - thanks for the link....and the history...people like you give me hope in the world. Medieval minds...funny sounds like we are in need of another Renaissance!! It doesn't matter what ocean separates us,whom we worship,what color our skin is dyed, or whom we love - we are brothers and sisters whether some folks like it or not and we should treat each other as such, with love and respect! Bravo to you sir! I too share your hope!

SheRa

@Sid_Bonkers Hey I think I do OK...ha ha..Don't judge us all by what you hear from Hollywood...To whom should we turn to for proper English? Since all of us need help! ;-)

Sid_Bonkers

@SheRa Why Queen Elizabeth ll of course as its the Queens English she must have it right, she knows how to pronounce words like aluminium and Worcestershire and doesnt drop her H's like what I do ;)

Sid_Bonkers

@ZachsMind I do apologise for trivialising the points you were making about religious bigotry and racism but in my defence I do have a rather immature sense of humour

ZachsMind

@Sid_Bonkers no worries. =) i didn't take it personally. Again, thanks everybody for the input. I'm thinking about my next jam. Stay tuned.

ZachsMind

..on second thought I'm thinking about keeping this song here thru the July 4th weekend. It's about as patriotic as I can get nowadays.

psyclopstrees

Unfortunately people hijack flags and pin them to their own agenda ie bnp over here and kkk over there. Flags are old fashioned anyway I prefer Doves