What people said about anyBuulet’s jam Spanish Stroll

19 Comments (since 6 Oct 2013)

HaveACuppaTea

One of my favourite singles (jammed it myself) this is live footage of it - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3kTKLkC6T4

kingofmen

tooo soupa,, when @HaveACuppaTea jammed this it brought back great memories,,have family connection http://www.kennymargolis.com/ willy dead, kenny margolis still playing, cousins went to see kenny in NYC a while back, he had his band lucky 7,,the guys from the uptown horns were playing with them for a while as well,,,,yeah good times ,,,willie sang stand by me like a hero..

kingofmen

http://devillefans.blogspot.co.uk/2001/01/exclusive-interview-with-joe-vasta-jr.html had too add this , joey vasta was the bass player, lived out on staten island, his pa was in dizzy gillespies band ,,,had some good laughs with joey vasta, too full on too write about here....

HaveACuppaTea

@kingofmen Yes, I remember you saying, I bet Kenny has got some stories.

kingofmen

@HaveACuppaTea http://www.phunque.com/uptown/ link for uptown horns ,yeah you cheered me up no end with that post,,i was looking for their work prior to you tube explosion, crispin cioe,was the sax player, they were all typical new york,fighting all the time , real good laugh, my cousin jonny ''snake hips'' long was their tour manager, and spent most of his time keeping them from each other throats good times , great bunch of characters, one day ill post about when we all got nicked in EU

readingman

Great jam - Thanks for turning me on to it!

HaveACuppaTea

@kingofmen Sounds good, I'm sure there will be others interested as well. I'll check the link out.

kingofmen

@HaveACuppaTea the uptown horns have played with just about everybody ,,they are the real thing ,,,,dont play dont eat,,,,,real working musicians , with a lottta class,,

anyBuulet

@HaveACuppaTea, @kingofmen , really thanks for the links! I did not have much information about that group, but I found it on my list, and reminded me of when I was in high school and this group showed me my music teacher, brings me good memories the set itself!.. now i listen the uptown horns and also sound very nice!! thanks :)! xx

anyBuulet

@kingofmen and @HaveACuppaTea you have to excuse me for my english, my language is usually spanish. -__-''

kingofmen

@anyBuulet @HaveACuppaTea im going to take a wild guess and say your english is better than our spanish,,,,so no need for sorry's...vaya con dios..

anyBuulet

@kingofmen =) !

BeeBee

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh what a blast from the past! AMAZING,AMAZING TUNE,

JustinXbox

Brilliant:)

mloup

That brought a smile :)

kingofmen

@mloup hahahahaha were showing our years and roots matt......

zodat

still sounds good today!

kingofmen

Hey Rosita! Donde vas con mi carro Rosita?,,,translated into london dialect would be '' OI ROSE WERE YOU OFF TO WITH ME JAM JAR''....not quite as romantic is it...

Joshy