What people said about christineb’s jam Young Fathers

17 Comments (since 3 Jan 2015)

marissapicone

Bohemien...just the way I like it :-)

SheRa

Nothing wrong with that! Have a great one as well.

shiningsun2k

Going against the grain...I like it! This is really excellent stuff. Thanks for digging it up and sharing it with us, and have a great weekend!

Bohemien! You rebel!....Love it. How's your cough?

worfrat71

oh I like this a lot! thanks for sharing it!

christineb

@debutch a wee bit better, thank you asking!!!

christineb

@worfrat71 @shiningsun2k @SheRa @marissapicone Thank you for the comments, so glad you all enjoyed ~

21schizoid

Well Chrissy, they'll need to find a way to make that joyful noise with less people, or they'll never make any money!! Excellent...

christineb

@21schizoid But...but...its about the music right? No one's in it for the money...Sadly, do any artist make money today? I think the days of millionaire musicians has come and gone with the computer age.

21schizoid

@christineb Yeeees. Playing live seems to be the way to make the bucks, Chrissy. Some of the ticket prices indicate exactly how little is made from music sales. However, thank the Lord of Toons for stalwarts like Steve Hackett, who can still be seen for around 30 quid. Not bad for a Genesis legend... :-D

mikelowe

Wish I was boho like you!!! On one of my previous Jams by a Canadian band, one of the guys says "how does a Cajun musician become a millionaire? Start with 2 million!!!!" Sadly, probably a lot of truth in that. :-)

CSC

@mikelowe racist humor usually isn't that good unless it comes with more articulation and honesty, like a Richard Pryor story. Cajun music and culture is rad. Sad that a Canadian musician would think a Cajun would care that much for a million bucks. Cajuns are in tune with their culture through nature, music, and food. Money isn;t that big on the list. Thanks for inspiring my next jam. Check this out..you might like it: http://tiny.cc/omixrx

mikelowe

@CSC Thanks for your interesting comments, I'm not used to being connected with anything at all racist and that hurt (a lot!!) Some background to what I wrote. The quote I used was prefixed by (I paraphrase), "what would you do if you didn't need the money - I'd do exactly the same, until I'd spent all the money". So not much sign of as you say, "caring for the money" there! The musicians in question have done much to further Cajun music and culture and have been recognised for it. Cont....

mikelowe

@CSC Personally, I've also challenged others about racist/ethnically abusive language on TIMJ, so thank you for continuing that tradition! You can accuse me of not being knowledgeable about the "Cajun issue" and unskilful words, but please my friend, don't accuse me of being associated with racism OR insulting anybody at all.

christineb

@mikelowe you, my peaceful friend are the furthest from racist. I understood what you meant with your comment. The music business isn't what it used to be, which in some ways is good (you see a lot of new acts you might never have heard before) and sad (hard to make a living) Now if we could just somehow apply this to sports figures....

CSC

@mikelowe Thanks for responding thoughtfully. Cajuns were expelled from Canada in the 1750's and 1760's. You also inspired me to break out more Cajun/Creole/Zydeco jams.

mikelowe

@christineb Thanks Chrissy, I appreciate that! :-) Completely agree about sports figures.