What people said about homosporocarpus’s jam Seasons

9 Comments (since 28 May 2015)

worfrat71

love the movie and especially the soundtrack. great jam!

HappyZebra

The movie isn't that impressive but it has a couple of very good songs in it

shiningsun2k

Just listened to this recently myself. Classic.

shiningsun2k

And I always forget Crowe did Singles. I need to see it one of these years. And Almost Famous.

homosporocarpus

@shiningsun2k, @HappyZebra, @worfrat71 —…I guess the greatest appeal of Singles lies, at least for me, in the soundtrack—if it hadn’t been for the music and the bands' appearances in the film, it would have been just a kind of lukewarm prelude to the likes of Reality Bites. And I’ve always tended to attribute ‘Hype!’ to Crowe as well, for quite obvious reasons I suppose, even though it’s Doug Pray’s, who hasn’t received enough credit for it (a fantastic documentary on the grunge scene).

MariaElena

Chris Cornell has one of my favorite voices ever. Great pic, I have not heard this in a long time.

homosporocarpus

@MariaElena —I second that. I remember the very specific moment when I heard Soundgarden for the first time, that was Jesus Christ Pose, and I knew that was it. It was a musical revelation—apart from fantastically unconstrained yet perfectly structured music from Kim, Matt and Ben, Chris’s voice just pierced, tortured, ground and it felt good like nothing I’d ever heard. Like Black Sabbath taken to the whole new level. Or two… Or, at least for me, straight to 11.

homosporocarpus

@earsarepricked —a flop or not, there’s Bill Murray in it :), and although it’s not, apparently, a masterpiece, I’m still planning to watch it when it’s released. It’s my generation as well, goddamit!

dutchbeeblebrox

Cornell, that voice.... :)