What people said about lesakramer5’s jam Pink Moon

20 Comments (since 29 Jul 2015)

aHandfulOfRain

Pink Moon will always be in my top 2 or 3 favourite records EVER. Great jam, @lesakramer5 !

Sid_Bonkers

Great choice Lesa

lesakramer5

@Sid_Bonkers @aHandfulOfRain If you love Nick Drake (which I believe you do) please check out Robyn Hitchcock's ode to him - posted on May 26, 2015 in my old Jams - "I Saw Nick Drake" - kills me every time I listen:) Like Mr. B, Nick Drake burned ever so bright for such a short time...Nick Drake is a musical genius (oh and I knew about him long before those kids at VW put this song in an ad!)

markwakeley

The beauty of that mans voice? You cannot say that about many male artists and a troubled soul battling depression.

lesakramer5

@aHandfulOfRain @Sid_Bonkers Jeez, I'm rude...thank you:) I am just so passionate about Nick Drake I got ahead of myself:)

lesakramer5

@markwakeley You really said it - if one could put beauty and depression but yet make people happy? Well, you get Nick Drake...Weird combo of emotions...have to be stable to listen to him:) Hope you caught that I had posted this great ode to him by Robyn Hitchcock "I Saw Nick Drake" - it's in my old jams on May 26:) Worth a listen - thx for your great comment!

KerryEJordan

Gorgeous.

lesakramer5

@KerryEJordan Sigh -I agree - every single song he does is gorg! Glad to have found you -seems like we know loads of folks in common, all of whom have the best taste:)

roydesmet

Though this earth is blessed with a master like Bob Dylan, Nick Drake will always remain the best (singer-)songwriter ever!

Bukowski

The English Romantic poet of the 20th Century.

lesakramer5

@roydesmet Great quandary - if trapped on desert isle - which would you choose - I'm undecided - deepens on my mood:) Today it is Nick Drake.

roydesmet

@lesakramer5 Well, since there's simply so much more of Dylan, his catalog will have something to offer for years on end. If trapped on a desert isle, Nick Drake may make you commit suicide earlier so that you don't need to suffer so much on this isle. I guess I would make my decision based on my chances of being rescued anytime soon.

Such a shame he never lived long enough to record more than 3 albums! My description of Nick Drake's music?.... the resonance of his voice, playing & his arrangements makes me so emotional, it makes me ACHE...but in a good way. Does that make sense?

oh, I left you a message on @ shiningsun2k page too ( in case you missed it)

....your last jam ( Violent Femmes) was brilliant too! That's the 2nd band ( afterWilco) you've got me into!.......btw, "foxtrot Yankee hotel" has almost taken over my life at the moment.....

homosporocarpus

@lesakramer5—Ha! That is an absolutely fantabulous jam! I haven’t listened to Nick for a long, looooong time, and you’ve just given me one more reason to refresh my overloaded memory. Thank you so very much!

lesakramer5

Hey everyone- thx for all the loves - I live in Nor Cal and there is a huge fire right around the corner (it's raining ash and is sooo smokey we are house bound)...So I will thank all of you and check your your jams (as I seem some GREAT ones!) once I get through this:) I need this like a hole int he head - luckily, home owners insurance up to date...trying to keep cheerful as this fire spreads:) http://abc7news.com/news/rocky-fire-near-clear-lake-spreads-to-15000-acres/895416/

lesakramer5

in case you like space shots:)The Rocky Fire in CA is generating enough smoke to be seen from space. Details: http://go.nasa.gov/1Ud6zuj #EarthRightNow

Sit tight Lesa & toast some marshmallows!

ErnieBilko