What people said about nicolauacornpro’s jam L.A. Woman

11 Comments (since 30 Aug 2012)

8 years, 1 month ago

Bukowski

From the best Doors album.

8 years, 1 month ago

dutchzaphod

@Bukowski Okay! But, maybe because I'm a tat older the most of you, I'm placing the ALBUM 'Waiting For The Sun' alongside it. Funnily enough the title song was'nt on this album (it was released two years later on the 'Morrison Hotel' album)

8 years, 1 month ago

Bukowski

@dutchzaphod Once again we disagree. The Doors albums run as follows:- 1) 'L.A. Woman' 2) 'The Doors' 3) 'Morrison Hotel' 4) 'Strange Days' 5) 'Waiting For The Sun' 6) 'The Soft Parade' p.s. 'In Concert' is superb.

8 years, 1 month ago

dutchzaphod

Well, I forgive you. You're still young, maybe much too young. In time you will probably see the error of your ways. :)

8 years, 1 month ago

nicolauacornpro

"The Doors" I personally thought was better than "L.A Woman". But I'd put "Woman" 2nd on my personal list of best.

8 years, 1 month ago

AJDJ

@dutchzaphod I have to agree with @Bukowski L.A Woman is the superior album, I find a lot of their other albums a bit of filler by their standards. L.A Woman is the Doors back to basics after the smoke and mirrors. Although it's an interesting observation about how Waiting for the Sun wasn't on the album by the same name. I've read Morrison's biography a while ago, I might dig it out and see if I can find out why it wasn't on there.

8 years, 1 month ago

Bukowski

@AJDJ I read 'No One Here Gets Out Alive' when I was 15 and it introduced me to Nietzsche and that's how I became a philosopher, so that book has a lot to answer for. lol

8 years, 1 month ago

adrian4acn

@Bukowski I read 'No One Gets Out Of Here Alive' and got drunk. Then I passed 27 and moved on.... a little.

8 years, 1 month ago

Bukowski

@adrian4acn I agree, No One over the age of 19 years of age should bother with it.

8 years, 1 month ago

nicolauacornpro

@AJDJ I highly respect L.A Woman for being a great "back to basics" blues album. The reason I adore "The Doors" as mu favorite over L.A is simply because it contained The Doors signature sound. Which I really like. A kind of psychedelic/Latin-jazz/rock. Yes, it has a filler, but its great filler. Plus, I like John Densmore's drumming on Doors than L.A.

8 years, 1 month ago

nicolauacornpro

@Bukowski I would put "Strange Days" at number three.