What people said about wanderaimlessly’s jam Tam Lin

8 Comments (since 15 Jun 2015)

7 years, 16 days ago

roydesmet

Sounds very good. Think I will have to listen into Fairport Convention!

7 years, 16 days ago

roydesmet

Any recommendations?

7 years, 16 days ago

wanderaimlessly

I love them! My favorite is Liege & Lief. This song is on that album. Matty Groves is another great song on this album. Farewell, Farewell, The Deserter, Crazy Man Micheal, they are all so good. I am glad you like them. Lead singer Sandy Denny is amazing.

7 years, 16 days ago

roydesmet

@wanderaimlessly I knew that Ian Matthews was involved but never listened to much of his either... I'll start with this album, then!

7 years, 14 days ago

wanderaimlessly

@roydesmet Please let me know what you think of it. :)

7 years, 14 days ago

roydesmet

@wanderaimlessly The "Liege & Lief" album is my most listened album this week. It's great! Also listened to the Unhalfbricking album, which I thought was less coherent and of lesser quality (I liked the French Dylan cover, though!). I also listened to Plainsong's Amelia Earthart album (with Ian Matthews) but I think I don't regard Ian Matthews as highly as others do... Sad that Sandy left Fairport Convention after L&L! Favourite songs Come All Ye, The Deserter, Farewell Farewell and Tam Lin!

7 years, 13 days ago

wanderaimlessly

@roydesmet You have good taste! Haha! I am glad that you like Liege & Lief. It has been a comfort to me for years. I discovered them through Nick Drake. They toured together and were on the same label.

7 years, 13 days ago

roydesmet

@wanderaimlessly Some (former) Fairport Convention members even played on Nick Drake's albums! Great, now I have to re-evaluate my beliefs on traditional/roots/folk music and what that entails for me as a modern day musician. Luckily I have the whole summer to do that! Do you know June Tabor? I think you'll like (some of) her (stuff). I think she's kind of a mix between Nick and Sandy D. I particularly like her "I Never Thought My Love Would Leave Me" and "Where Are You Tonight (I Wonder)".